Here are some relevant educational articles, chosen from different sources. We hope they will inspire and equip you as parents and citizens. Let us know what you think, and don’t hesitate to share with us some of your own findings on the Web! Enjoy!
- FAMILY ENGAGEMENT
Can There Be Too Much Connectivity Between Parents and Children? https://www.edutopia.org/discussion/can-there-be-too-much-connectivity-between-parents-and-children
- ONLINE LEARNING
Ultra-Cool Summer Sites for Kids and Teachers: Let the fun begin… https://www.edutopia.org/blog/48-summer-websites-kids-teachers-keith-ferrell
- DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP
How to Teach Internet Safety to Younger Elementary Students
A lesson plan for helping students as young as kindergarten begin to understand how to be safe online. https://www.edutopia.org/blog/internet-safety-younger-elementary-mary-beth-hertz
- SOCIAL & EMOTIONAL LEARNING (SEL) – A Student’Perspective on SEL
An eighth grader shares what she has gained from a long-term social and emotional learning program. https://www.edutopia.org/article/students-perspective-sel
- CHARACTER EDUCATION – Exploring the Benefit Mindset
Helping students see how they can have a positive influence on their community and the world goes beyond teaching and modeling empathy. https://www.edutopia.org/article/exploring-benefit-mindset
« LEARNING FRENCH » RESOURCES & GAMES
Canadian Parents for French furthers bilingualism by promoting and creating opportunities for youth to learn and use French.
Free to use and fun French language learning games. Kids and students’ online games for learning French vocabulary, phrases, numbers, spelling and grammar.
Great selection of games and exercises in French
As we all know, LOVE is far more than a wave of feelings. In fact, Christian LOVE shows itself through the active demonstration of our convictions towards GOD and people. We are excited to invite our grades 1 to 6 students to participate in three activities which will increase their understanding of the true meaning of LOVE!
- Our students will invest their artistic skills in decorating a wooden heart, honoring another student of their age group. They will share about their classmate in front of the whole class, and offer a “piece of art/heart” as a show of their appreciation! This activity seeks to increase the level of one’s awareness towards the value and qualities of others. We are surrounded with people created in GOD’s image: the students will bring into light this wonderful truth!
- We will also visit elderly people and encourage them. The students are preparing songs and will also offer them “fruit sticks” as a symbol of intergenerational unity through diversity! LOVE looks and tastes good!
- Finally, we are super excited to announce the creation of a LOVE in ACTION partnership between our school and l’École Mixte Oasis – EMOC, a Haitian Christian French school located in the south of the island, in Les Cayes. This school serves the needs of many orphans and very low income families, by offering them education, emotional and spiritual support. MCFS students will send them a personalized card and gift, initiative that will open a great channel of mutual encouragement and friendship between our two schools! Hearts are being shaped in a powerful way, LOVE being the greatest agent of change!