Mad Science Extracurricular Programs will amaze your child and show them just how cool science, chess, and engineering can be!
The Mad Science program encourages scientific literacy in children in an age when science is as vital as reading, writing and arithmetic. Their mission is to spark imagination and curiosity of children by providing them with fun, interactive education programs that instill a clear understanding of what science is, and how it affects their world. – Mad Science Mission
Mad Science Programs as MCFS:
- Are hands-on and focus on science and engineering practice
- Are aligned to STEM objectives
- Meet national, state, and provincial extracurricular activities standards
- Are led by trained, qualified, and dynamic instructors
- Follow professional lesson plans
- Use unique equipment and original materials
- Are loved by children, and are ideal for children in Kindergarten to Grade 6
MCFS will be offering a diversified Mad Science lunch program for each season.
Spring Program Description
Brixology: In this new and exciting program, children will build a different LEGO(r) project each week. Each program has been developed by a LEGO(r) Certified Professional. Mechanical engineering will be explored as students build boats and vehicles. Aerospace engineering will come alive as they assemble a space station. A wide array of scientific principals will be explored through Lego builds: carnival rides, drawing machines, mechanical animals, trust bridges, and so much more. Your future engineer will foster their creativity through fun and hands-on design challenges. Let the tinkering begin!
Spring Session will consist of an 8-Week Brixology Program which allows kids to step into the shoes of an engineer!
– Using LEGO® bricks, build a different engineering-themed project in each class.
– Explore engineering fields including mechanical, structural, aerospace, nautical, and bio-engineering.
– Use critical thinking, cooperation, and creative problem-solving to test and improve creations.
– Experience extended learning with a take home toy to reinforce each concept.
Weekly Topics: Aerospace, carnivals, creatures, vehicles, towers, boats, bridges, and machines.