GENERAL THEME FOR OUR SCHOOL
Our Christian curriculum is focused on the fruits of the spirit and challenges students to live their faith throughout the school year. Each month, pupils are growing in virtues such as: self-control, generosity, kindness, forgiveness, patience, and the like. As the opportunity presents itself, MCFS participate in a monthly community service to learn the value behind giving back to our community. At MCFS, we invest in the development of a child’s heart and mind.
GRADES 4, 5 & 6 SPECIFIC APPROACH
In our weekly Bible classes, we approach faith through two main topics:
A. Evidences For Biblical Faith – Term 1
- Is there a GOD? – Proof of GOD’s existence
- How we got the Bible – Reliability of the Bible
- Our guide to life – The Bible as the foundation for a successful life
- Prophecies fulfilled – The historical accuracy of the Bible
- Who is Jesus? – The real identity of Jesus
B. Building Convictions And Character – Term 2
- The courage to follow Jesus – Standing up for the truth
- Dealing with fear – Trusting GOD through our daily challenges
- Helping one another – The path to righteousness
- The humility of Jesus – The joy of learning and serving
- The conviction of Jesus – Hating sin, loving people
- The joy of Jesus – When love and faithfulness bring joy
Faith in Action
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Virtue is the fruitful growth in the faith
Throughout the year, we challenge our students to grow in a virtue, because we believe that educating the heart is as important (if not more important) as educating the mind. As the opportunity presents itself, our pupils participate in a community service to develop the habit of helping and serving those in need. Giving back to our community in small ways creates a pathway for them to one day do big hard things. At MCFS, we want to nurture young children’s hearts with the desire to be agents for change.